On Thursday, 26th May ACi proudly hosted its first Banking Investigators Forum event, kindly sponsored by Forensic Risk Alliance. The event was attended by banking investigators from 80 different banks and covered a range of issues, all of which had been selected by delegates as points of interest.
Our prestigious speakers included:
- Colin Bell, CEO, HSBC
- Stephen M Kohn, Managing Partner, Kohn & Kohn LLP
- Jonathan Shatford, Head of Investigations, JP Morgan EMEA
- Madalina Florea, Head of SM?MRT Investigations, Lloyds Banking Group
- Michael Delf, Global Employee Conduct Director, Citibank
- Charlie Steele, Partner, FRA
- Dave Francis, Head of Litigation & Investigations, NatWest Bank Plc
- Lorene Wiggin, Managing Investigator, NatWest Bank Plc
- Gerben Schreurs, Partner, FRA
- Jamie Brown, Executive Director, Head of Fraud Intelligence and Investigations, Standard Chartered Bank
- Paul Carroll, Manager, Fraud Inestigations, Intelligence & Policy, TSB
- Ronan Guckian, Deputy Head, Financial Crime Unit, KBC Bank
- Magdalena Boskik, Head of RegTech and Crypto Compliance Services, Sygnum Bank
- Katerina Androutsou, RegTech & Crypto Compliance Services, Sygnum Bank
- Robert Clarke, Managing Director, Global Head of Investigations, Citibank
- Cecillie Fjellhoy, romance scam victim
During the day, delegates grappled with a range of issues such as whether investigative interviews should always be recorded, the current crypto landscape and what it means for investigators, and skills and tools that investigators should have for successful outcomes.
The day was ably managed by Simon Scales who had the delegates giggling in their seats with his engaging and witty moderating style.
Feedback from attendees has been outstanding. For example one delegate said,
“The event was run really efficiently, the venue was excellent but mostly important the speakers and subject matter was just brilliant. Often I see people on their phones at lot at these events catching up with emails etc but as I looked around, like myself everyone was listening intently. It really was one of the best conferences I have attended in many years (ignoring the pandemic). Thanks to everyone involved, with a little special mention to Simon who I thought was amazing as an MC.Already looking forward to the next one, please keep my details within your database. I will be selling the events for you as I speak with all of my bank investigator contacts throughout the whole industry. So many of them would have benefitted and enjoyed yesterday.”
You can read our event programme here. Thank you to everyone involved especially our sponsor Trevor Wiles and the FRA team, Simon Scales, our speakers and not least of all the delegation who made it such a special event.
We look forward to seeing everyone next year.